Have you ever wondered how AI video editing saves companies hours of resources? AI video editing gets very little attention, but it deserves more credit. That’s why we want to share our video editing story with you – and make learning about video editing a little more fun!
We have edited lots of videos for ourselves and clients over the years. As someone who has worked in and around video editing for many years, I saw the benefits first-hand of the power of AI video editing applications. Moreover, when compared to trying to edit with just human skills and human capital, there is no doubt that AI video editing is saving companies hours of resources.
I wanted to help other people realize how great AI software can be if you know how to use it correctly.
Before getting started, you should understand your own processes and then you are in a position to understand and assess AI’s impact on your workflow.
So here are the basic questions you should first ask before starting to use AI video editing:
1) When do you need AI video editing?
2) What types of videos do I usually edit?
3) How would the AI software integrate with my software set-up?
4) How good is this software? Will it still need a human review?
5) What features will save me hours of resources, and can I rely on it?
Why you should use AI video editing to save hours of resources
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a topic that has sparked a lot of heated debate. While some say it is the greatest thing ever invented, others say that it is a waste of resources, isn’t as good as humans and will end up ruining the human race.
As we know, video editing is a time-consuming task when it comes to creating great content.
And video editing, as we know, is not an easy task.
So how can we still create flawless content, but trust AI to do lots of tasks and save us lots of time?
AI isn’t just a new machine learning tool, but also an intuitive way for us humans to solve problems.
If we want perfect editing, we need AI technology that can do it for us.
Natural language processing (NLP) technology has been around since at least twenty years ago, and it has been improving very rapidly in recent years. It is used for everything from speech recognition, speech synthesis and natural language understanding – basically any form of machine translation or speech interpretation (which we all use).
This means that now, with AI technology, we can “teach” computers how to edit our videos automatically using NLP technology. So what does this mean exactly? We can teach machines how to edit our videos by providing them with context clues such as audio cues as well as grammar rules and learn what they need through observation over time. Once they have learned these skills via experience they are able to pass these skills on to us automatically without us having to teach them anything!
How to use AI to edit videos
If you’re an aspiring video producer or content editor, you’ve probably heard of video editing software. You might have even used it yourself. It’s widely available from a variety of sources, such as Adobe and Apple, and its development is continually evolving with the latest versions.
Each version of the software has some way to deal with different types of video content: audio, images, text and more. Some are designed to make it easier for professional producers to edit videos faster than others; others are designed to help you edit videos in your own time; others are tailored for specific uses like social media videos.
There are plenty of tools around that will help you create video content in a matter of minutes, but the amount of time it takes you to produce your final product is largely dependent on your skill level and how good you are at editing. That’s where artificial intelligence comes in.
When it comes to video editing, there are a few key factors that come into play when you’re choosing between software programs. Here are some of the key AI features to look out for that can save you countless hours of time:
- Colour match – makes consistent adjustments to benchmark references
- Audio levels – makes consistent audio levels for music and dialogue
- Resizing and upscaling – allows you to resize clips without pixelation
- Colourising – turn black and white footage into colour content
- Removing background – something that AI can be brilliant at, simply removing a background. I personally know how long this process can take, so even getting it 98% correct with AI will save huge amounts of time
- Content transcripts – turning your content into text is something that tools like Sonnant are experts at, and assists in collaboration and understanding
- Creating social clips – again Sonnant will turn your video into suggested social posts with summaries and #hashtags ready to go – they may need some final finesse, but the whole process will be 1/10th of the time it usually takes to create social clips/posts
- Suggested imagery – matching your content with great images
- Script generation – automatically write scripts for you that can create whole posts without any need to start with a blank canvas
- Understand video content – AI can tag videos (much like Google / Apple photos) to help you understand what is in your content – so down that track if you need to find footage of a “car at a beach”, that tagged content will make it simple to track down.
There are many other AI applications, but this will give you a feel for How AI video editing is saving companies hours of resources, and how it can save you plenty of time too.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Sonnant’s AI video editing capabilities. Reach out to our sales team. We can provide great access to our platform, or enterprise solutions. Please get in touch!